What is Dual Path Signalling?
Dualcom GPRS remote signalling for alarm systems
Dualcom GPRS Grade2, Grade3 & Grade4
DualCom is an alarm signalling device that totally combines telephone and radio technologies to provide continuous security for you and your property.
This combination ensures that alarm signals are always transmitted by DualCom despite damage to one of the signalling paths. Intruder alarm systems that rely purely on a phone line single technology can be disabled if the line is cut, with DualCom‘s resilience added to the system it provides a secure signalling path which makes a highly reliable police calling facility which works even if one of the paths is down
DualCom can be added to compatible Intruder alarms quite simply. Any telephone line can be used, and any service provider too. No waiting, same day service is possible.
DualCom transmits its signals without incurring telephone charges.
DualCom dual signalling
What do you get?
- Police response for Intruder / burglar alarm signals, you have a 90 second window to disarm the system if you’re on the entry route (detectors and contacts around the un-setting point)
Keyholders will be called on the first activation, a second detector activated is a confirmed alarm signal is received. This will call the Police if the system has a URN (Unique Reference Number)
- A Panic Button calls the Police out immediately
- Low battery report to keyholders if your electricity supply fails when you’re not there.
- Fire alarm signals sent by dualcom can also be passed to the fire brigade by the monitoring station out of hours
Note! It’s not unusual for the monitoring station to ring the premises during working hours to check if it’s a false alarm
- Two maintenance visits in the year are required when your system is monitored by Dualcom in line with BS8243